Data matching and fraud prevention
We are required by law to protect the public funds we administer. We may share information provided to us with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud.
The Cabinet Office is responsible for carrying out data matching exercises under the National Fraud Initiative (NFI), and requires us to submit information to it as part of this.
Information about you
We do not collect personal data about people who browse this website, unless you voluntarily submit your personal details to us via a form or email. If so:
- We will process your personal data within the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and other relevant legislation. This is indicated on our web pages by the lock symbol
- We will indicate why we are collecting the data
- We will only use the data for the purpose for which it has been collected
- We will only share the data with other organisations if it is stated at the point of collecting the data or if required by law or in order to carry out local authority functions in line with the Data Protection Act
- We will not use your data for marketing products or services to you without your consent
- We will keep your data for the minimum time necessary
- We will respect your rights under the Data Protection Act to access the data we hold about you
- We will keep your personal data securely
- We use a cookie to collect IP address information purely for statistical purposes, in order to monitor the usage of our website. This does not identify you as individual.
We should have a clearer idea of the cookies we need once our new website is complete, we will display these on this page very soon.
01204 331398 or 01204 331031.