Salary: £23,744 (pay award pending) per annum for Full Time 37 hours per week plus sleep-in allowance
Hours: Full Time
Looking to further your career in Social Care?
Bolton Cares’ are recruiting Senior Support Workers to provide leadership to teams of support workers and facilitate the delivery of high quality, compassionate care, and support to help local people live better lives. We are person centered teams working in Extra Care schemes across the borough of Bolton.
We want people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own.
· An aptitude for management, with the ability to lead and inspire.
· Treating people with compassion and care.
· Showing dignity and respect to the people they will be working with.
· A commitment to quality and being the best that we can.
About the Senior Support Worker role:
As the senior member of a team you will be supporting people in their own homes within an extra care environment; the people we work with are older adults who have a range of needs. Some of the people who use our services also have significant physical and mental health alongside personal care needs.
The service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and full time you will work 37 hours each week (pro rata for part time positions), on a rota which could include weekends and sleep-in cover.
• Staff support, coaching and mentoring and supervision
• Rota management
• Working with people with varied needs
• Helping people live more independently and undertake life enhancing activities.
• Ensure people’s needs are at the heart of everything you do.
• Working with care managers and health colleagues to implement and support therapy plans.
• Personal Care as required
• Connecting with the community
• Partnership working with housing providers
Benefits of working for Bolton Cares
21 days annual leave (FTE) plus bank holidays, increasing to 26 days after 5 years service
Dependent on earnings, 6% employer contribution pension scheme, option to do salary sacrifice (after first year)
Opportunities to purchase extra leave
Life Insurance Scheme 2x Salary
Access to ‘Smart Health’- a virtual healthcare service including a virtual GP service, expert case management, mental health support and tailored fitness programmes
Company sick pay scheme
Free Flu jab
Learning and specialist development opportunities, opportunities for paid professional fees and licences
Discount in shops
Pay awards (subject to yearly review)
Opportunities for flexible working
Experience and skills required:
• Domiciliary or Extra Care Experience for a minimum of 2 years
• Experience of being a Senior/Team Leader for 1 year
• Must have experience supporting older adults
• You must be able to participate in an on-call rota
• Be able to develop supportive relationships, promoting independence and well being
• You will be highly motivated to deliver outstanding care and support.
We will provide the right candidate a range of training and specialist development opportunities.
All applications will be subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service checks and references.
An enhanced and barred DBS check will be carried out for this post.
Experience: Domiciliary Care: (Essential)
Driving Licence: Essential
Application Deadline: 17/01/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,744.00 per year
Bolton Cares are taking all the necessary Covid precautions